Product Upgrade Information (Profile Editor 4.2.0)
(Note: This information is only for practitioners who have the software. For end-users having Inspirstar units, please contact your practitioner about the upgrade. )
New features in Profile Editor 4.2.0 released on 5/10/2017.
- Communication Time out: A recent USB Driver update to version 22.214.171.124 by Windows causes communication time out issue when writing profiles to IS02. Users were previously advised to use slow protocol or roll driver version back to 126.96.36.1997.This version of software makes adaption to the new driver version and has solved the problem.
- Copy and Paste: Great improvement has been made on Copy and Paste feature. Now users can copy/paste the contents of the displayed cells between Profile/Protocol and Excel spreadsheet. Users can also Copy/Paste the descriptions and protocol names, through either keyboard or shortcuts.
- Print: long descriptions will be printed in multiple lines.
- Columns in Profile Editor and Protocol Editor can now be resized and displayed in multiple lines for long protocol names or descriptions.
- Export Protocols: now can export the whole profile into a folder.
- Import Protocols: now includes both .protocol and .profile files.
- New icons for shortcuts and applications. Added shortcut to desktop for Protocol Editor
- Updated document Profile Editor User’s Guide.
- Removed documents subfolder in Start menu because Windows 10 flatten subfolders in start menu. Added a shortcut to document folder instead.
- Changed paper to Landscape orientation for print in Protocol Editor.
- Other bug fixes and improvement.
- Added support to new IS02 models IS02LCDs and IS02PROs.
- Profile Editor 4.2.0 includes the latest firmware 1.20.0 for IS02LCD and IS02PRO and firmware 0.95.3 for IS02BA.
- New features in firmware 1.20.0 for IS02LCD/IS02PRO.
- Added low battery indication on startup screen and running screen.
(Note: If you are using Mac computer, please do not do firmware upgrade on your Mac computer because of possible incompatibility issue. Please use a Windows PC to upgrade the firmware or contact Inspirstar.)
Software/Firmware Upgrade Instructions
To Upgrade the software:
When you start Profile Editor software, you should get the automatic update notice to update the software to version 4.2.0. Click “Yes, start Downloading” to download the update. After the download is finished, you will be prompted for installation.
If you don’t get the automatic update notice, you can click “Help”->”Check for Updates” to start the upgrade.
If you can’t get the software upgarded in the ways described above, please email email@example.com for maunally download and upgrade information.
Windows Vista/Windows 7 users:
The automatic update does not work in Windows Vista/Windows 7 when the User Account Control is on (default). You need to download the update manually to your computer and install. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Upgrade the firmware on IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO:
1. After the software installation finishes, open Profile Editor and connect the unit to the computer.
2. The firmware upgrade on next step #3 will delete the current protocols in the unit. You may need to backup those protocols from the unit if you didn’t ever save a copy in your computer. Click the button “Read” and after the profile is read from the unit, click “Save Profile As” to save it on your computer.
3. Firmware Upgrade. Click “Tools”-> “Firmware Upgrade”.
In Step 1, you should see one of the following files depending on your unit model.
If the firmware file for your model doesn’t show up, click “Browse” to locate the correct file.
Click “Start Upgrade”.
(Recommendation: Use new batteries for firmware upgrade.)
Note: For the operation of new features on IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO unit or the use of software new version, please refer to the updated documents Inspirstar IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO User’s Manual and Inspirstar Profile Editor User Guide, by clicking your computer “Start”-> “All Programs” -> “Inspirstar” -> “Documents”.